The size of the low pressure casting machine depends on the size of the mold and the distance from the core.
The size of the mold and the distance from the core are dependent on the size and structure of the product.
The capacity of the holding furnace depends on the weight of the product and the output required by the customer.
2. Molten pool type holding furnace: suitable for large output and continuous production.
3. Double chamber molten pool type holding furnace: It is suitable for customers with large output, large casting and continuous production.
2. Electric heating (general)
3. Oven heating (suitable for large mold heating)
In addition, low-pressure casting machines can also use sand mold, gypsum mold, graphite mold, investment shell molds and so on.
The mold should be preheated to 300 degrees Celsius before use, and the mold temperature should be maintained between 200-400 degrees Celsius throughout the casting process.
2. The housing thickness of the casting generally needs to exceed 4mm.
2. Product repeatability is good and high pass rate.
3. The fluidity of the molten metal is good, which is beneficial to the casting of thin-walled castings with clear outline and smooth surface.
4. The pouring gate is small,and the processing allowance is small, and it has no riser, which occupy about 10%-25% of the total weight.
5. Casting dimension and weight are not limited by the machine.
6. Other materials such as sand core can be placed in the mold cavity to produce castings with complex internal structures.
7. Equipment is easy to mechanize and automate.
Such as: Aluminum alloy wheels for the automotive industry, engine cylinder heads, cylinder blocks, large aluminum alloy frames and other safety components.
High-voltage switches, power fittings, etc. in the power industry.
Valves, pumps, aluminum casings, etc. in industrial fittings.
Sand core and other material can be placed in the mold cavity of the low-pressure casting to manufacture the casting having complicated inner wall.
The castings produced by low-pressure casting can be subjected to T6 heat treatment,which can further improve the mechanical properties of the products.